You guys know I’m always down for a good challenge, especially for a great cause. While perusing the web shortly after Karyn Washington (founder of For Brown Girls) committed suicide, I came across the #NoBareLips30 challenge on Madame Noire. Created by blogger Keiko Kaveri, this challenge seeks to prove lipstick can be worn everyday without purchasing anything new.
Here’s a glimpse of my lipstick/lip gloss collection:
To be honest, I have NO business purchasing ANY new lip colors, especially with all the mixing I like to do. This challenge is good, because it’ll force me to be creative and challenge me to rock what I already have. Here are the rules for #NoBareLips30 Challenge:
- Please post on Instagram with the hashtag #NoBareLips30
- You are not required to post a photo of your lips. You can post a swatch on your hand. You can post your lips. It’s your choice!
- When posting, please specify brand and products used. Ex: MAC Prep + Prime Lip, MAC Cherry Lipliner and MAC Ruby Woo.
- Try using true lighting so we can see your lip color!
- Keiko will likely re-post photos with the hashtag. If you don’t want her to do this, please tell her and she will not post your pictures.
- Starts Monday, April 28 and ends May 27.
Here’s the frame for week one: