It’s been a long time coming, but I know a change gone come. – Sam Cooke-
I feel like I haven’t talked “written” on here in YEARS and I must first say, I miss you all! I miss writing (blogging), sharing, and discussing. It’s definitely a gift from God that I cherish more and more each day.
With that being said, I have to fill you guys in on why I haven’t been consistently posting. Let me begin with the obvious:
- I wrote and published two books. Yessssssssss. *insert praise dance* I’ve been spending a huge amount of time ensuring #WhenGodSaidYes and #30DayManFast receives the attention it deserves. I’m sure my efforts don’t amount to much, yet I’m amazed at the underground movement of these books. They’re alive and KICKING.
- I’ve been tired. I need a vacation. Like, yesterday.
- I live in Chicago. If you live outside of Chicago you may not have kept up with the LaQuan McDonald situation. If not, google the story, then come back to this post. With all the violence and corruption, I’ve been seeking God as to what he wants me to do in my city.
- I’ve been filtering and getting rid of the fat. I thought something major happened when I turned 30, because my mind seriously developed at that very moment. However, some extreme developing has been happening at 31. I’m discovering new things I enjoy. New endeavors I’d like to pursuit. It’s like a whole new world has been opening up to me and I’m enjoying the magical carpet ride.
- I’m working on a very special project to be released early next year. This project is close to my heart and the rawest I’ve ever been (online). I hope you guys are ready, because I’ve put my heart and soul into this <3
Meanwhile, be sure you’ve subscribed to keep up with new blog posts, events, etc. Also, follow me on Snapchat: Tanikia.
Alright, enough about me. How ya’ll doing? Let me know in the comments.