As you guys know, I recently celebrated my 5 Year Blogiversary. Woot woot! I most definitely do not know everything there is to know about blogging, but I think it’s safe to say I know a thing or two. Especially pertaining to growth. I’ve come a LONG way. Whether you’re new to the blogging world, or been here for awhile, here are 5 ways to tell you’re growing as a blogger.
- You’re confident about your niche brand. In the beginning of my blogging journey, the name of my blog changed 3 times. Why? I was unsure about my niche, which is okay, but I should have taken time to think thoroughly about my blogging goals before diving in. I’m in the process of rebranding again, but this time I know exactly what I want and I’m quite confident. This eliminates confusion and allows me to properly plan.
- You remain true to your voice. I can’t tell you how many times I caught myself mimicking the writing style of some of my favorite bloggers. On too many occasions, I’ve had to erase what I wrote, and challenge myself to write in MY voice. After all, isn’t this why my readers subscribed to me in the first place right? To hear Nikki’s voice and not an imposter.
- You’re creating viral content. All of your post’s may not go viral, but you’ll soon discover what type of content your followers love to share of yours. It’s cool to post interesting content on your site that may go viral. However, it’s boss to create your OWN viral content.
- These days you’re working smarter, not harder. When I first started blogging, I was trying to keep up with the rat race. I wanted to be like Huffington Post, ESSENCE, and the rest of the bunch. However, there was a minor problem: I’m only one person. These days I’m doing what’s successfully working for me, which includes a YouTube channel and quality over quantity content. I don’t post everyday, but when I do it’s post worthy I’m also taking time to learn the FULL aspect of blogging. It’s so much more than a picture with a few words.
- You’re more than a blogger. At first I wanted to be the best blogger I could be. Sometimes I still do. However, I now realize blogging can be a huge stepping stone into greatness if you play your cards right. No matter what your aspirations may be, having a blog can open doors for you that seemed impossible before. So many blogger and bloggers have gone on to write books, have their own show, star in fashion shows, etc. The opportunities are limitless.
Hey blogger boos, what are same ways you’ve grown as a blogger? Sound off below!